Saturday, September 15, 2007

Video=goodness

It's amazing how much a video can add to a story. I was reading about EPCOT's secret garden and honestly, a story about lab work and science doesn't tend to interest me much. What drew me in to the story originally was the topic of Disney. I work for Disney and I love it as well. Throwing EPCOT in the headline was very smart.
So as I was reading the story I was getting a tad bored so I scrolled back up to the top of the page and watched the video instead. What a difference that made. To actually see the man mentioned in the story talking about this subject himself and showing the different labs in The Land attraction made me much more interested. He talked about a lot of things I didn't know, like that there's a backstage tour of The Land.
For me, I grasp some things better when I see them rather than read them. For a story like this with mixed topics, Disney and science, it was very smart to add the video that showed the attraction.

No comments: