Saturday, September 22, 2007

...

If you couldn't tell by some of the things I've blogged about so far, I'm basically a little kid. I like little kid things which is why I was drawn to this article in the Indianapolis Star. This story is about the upcoming Hannah Montana concert in Indianapolis.
For a quick background tidbit, Hannah Montana is a 14-year old singer from the Disney Channel. Her real name is Miley Cyrus and her dad is the country singer, Billy Ray Cyrus. She has a TV show where she is a popstar and this fall she is taking her tour on the road across the country. So far every show that has been on sale has sold out completely.
The writer, David Lindquist, addresses Indianapolis' problem witht he sellout and goes in depth about how ticket brokers get so many tickets. What I liked so much about this article was basically the topic in general. I admit, I tried to buy Hannah Montana tickets last weekend for her concert in Tampa and was disappointed to find that they were sold out before they even went on sale online. I wanted to know why and this article told me. Lindquist talked about how ticket brokers get so many tickets per concert and how many venues have a pool of tickets to sell, which I didn't know. I thought everything went through Ticketmaster.
I also liked the box he did within the article that gave some background on Hannah Montana and her dad.
My only issue, and it's not really with the story, is with their commenting feature. The Indianapolis Star has a place for readers to leave comments about stories and it says by the comment box that rude comments will be deleted, but it doesn't say anything about stupid comments. Several people on there are posting about how terrible of a singer Hannah Montana is. Someone tell me why they waste their time. I personally don't like commenting areas because they turn into a place where people post stupid, rude and offensive things. I tried to count how many people called Hannah Montana a crappy performer or a waste of space but I lost count. Why would you post that on a story about how popular she is? Obviously someone likes her.

1 comment:

CZB said...

hello, i enjoy hannah montana as well, i think its hilarious at times. I think that's a big issue nowadays about people posting comments. I agree that if the article was about how hannah montana is so popular and her concert being sold out, then why would they have to put in comments that have nothing to do with that? My guess is they are just trying to show the whole spectrum. But if someone said she was a bad entertainer or whatever may be, like you mentioned in your blog, someone must like her if her concerts are so popular these days.